There is a common misconception that homelessness is an issue that only pertains to single men and women, but in reality thousands of families a year will experience homelessness. Help provide food, supplies, or a monetary donation to your local homeless shelter in this heartfelt charity team building event. Today, 41% of the homeless population is comprised of families, including thousands of children. Reach out and give a helping hand to homeless families during your next corporate team building event, and help support local families in need.
We custom design your event to best serve the specific needs in your community, to ensure the donation provided, whether clothes, supplies, or monetary, is exactly what the shelter needs most. This program can be held either indoors or outside, depending on your schedule and meeting plans. This dynamic and charitable experience will benefit your team and help meet an immediate need in the local community.
Give a Hand emphasizes relying on teammates for expertise and support. Groups must resolve complex problems creatively and collaboratively. The event encourages your team to recognize the downfalls of working independently from each other, and the benefits of large scale cooperation.
“This is an excellent program and it was very well presented. I got more than I expected from it compared to the other trainings I have attended. We were very pleased with the content, the format, and especially the ability to give back to those in need.” – Bob, Welbro Building Company
Who is this Charity Team Building Event For?
- Groups of 10 to 1000+
- Those looking to help the local community
- Anyone who can benefit from improving their communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- Suitable for all activity levels
- Philanthropic Team Building
What Should We Expect from this Charity Event?
- Fun, Fast Paced Excitement
- Interactive & Creative challenges
- Work on essential people skills
- Interactive & Creative engagements
- Challenging Problem Solving
- A chance to identify qualities and strengths in other team members
Who Coordinates with the Charity?
We do ALL the leg work for you, handling all the aspects of coordination with the charity organization. Our goal is to provide you with the best all around experience, and allow you to simply learn and enjoy the event, not worry about the details. Our highly qualified staff will coordinate a representative from the charity organization to arrive at the conclusion of the event, to speak briefly about the work they do and how the donation will benefit them. Your team will have the opportunity to speak with the representative, and the recipients of the donation, in some cases, following the event. This extra personal touch adds an emotional element to charity team building, by giving back to others in need.
Other Charity Team Building Options
If your team has a specific charitable direction or you are looking for something new and different, then we want you to have options. Because we want our clients to have many choices, here are two more Charity Team Building programs.
- Doors and Windows Teams learn to effectively negotiate with team members, both internally and externally, while building dollhouses for a kid’s charity in this engaging and innovative event. The completed dollhouses are donated to a local hospital or homes for displaced and needy children.
- Bicycle Team Building is the event that started it all! In this version, the recipients are local children associated with various charity organizations, such as the YMCA or Boys and Girls Clubs. At the conclusion of this program, the children will personally come to collect the bicycles, allowing your team to meet the children who will receive the bikes. This fast, energetic event produces excitement and the warm feelings at the end that will be remember and talked about for years.